Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Answer Of Course Is Hippopotamus!

Wow!  It's been a while.  I have had so many moments where I have been staring at this screen wondering what I should write.  How I can explain all I am learning, how I am struggling but how it is making me a better person, and what God is doing in my life.

All I can do is sum it up to one word:  Hippopotamus!


A couple weeks ago, I went for coffee with a good friend of mine.  I vented about what was going on in our life.  She told me about a sermon she had heard a while ago on Job.  This sermon was about God's response to Job when he cried out to Him.  When reading it, God's answer seems a little obscure and frustrating, but digging deeper into it, it makes sense.  It puts me into my place.  God told Job about creation.  He never gave the answer to why this happened to Job.  He did, however, describe animals.  One animal in particular sounds like a hippopotamus.  Therefore, the answer, of course is hippopotamus!

I don't have any answer whatsoever to why we have gone through all we have gone through in the past few months.  I don't have any answer to why I have friends going through all they are going through.  I do know I serve an AMAZING GOD who hasn't forgotten about me.  An amazing God who not only created the heavens and the earth, He had fun creating animals, and created me.

This makes sense to me because hippo's have a special place in my heart.  When I was young and went to Vacation Bible School, a song was sung about hippo's.  The first verse talks about creation and then how somethings God just made for fun.  The chorus is "hip-hip-hippopotamus, hip-hip horray God made all of us..."  I have always thought of a hippo as something fun God made.  So if God made something for fun, He obviously has a reason for everything.

**Just a note, I re-read the section where God speaks to Job.  To cover my bases I have now realized the one animal doesn't sound like a hippopotamus, but the analogy still sticks with me.**

No comments:

Post a Comment