Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lessons Learned

I've been in a bad mood all week.

I hate even admitting this because I would love to be one of those wives with a perfect body, perfect hair and makeup and always happy. You know the ones... once Dear Husband arrives home, you greet him with a kiss and usher him through your perfectly clean home to the table, present him with the most magnificent 5 course dinner only talking about his day. And of course, once supper is done, he goes to the living room and puts up his feet while you clean up, and the children play quietly at his feet.

Yes, I am talking about an I Love Lucy re-run... I'm sure of it!

Well, I had my wake up call this morning... literally. My son woke up very early because he kicked his blankets off. As I laid in bed cuddling him, I noticed the time was a little over an hour before my alarm would go off so I decided to get up. I love these opportunities where I wake up before I normally do, and all is quiet because it gives me time to be able to think... and spend time with God.

I read my devotional book, and today's devotion hit hard. It talked about thanking God for the hard times, especially the times that keep coming back. To see it as an opportunity to learn new lessons.

Yikes!

I sat for a while really struggling with this. I did thank God, but I told Him my heart wasn't in thanking Him quite yet.

What would the world look like if we had more of a heart of thankfulness when we suffered instead of wanting to scream profanities at the heavens? What would our hearts look like? How would we react to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment