Tuesday, January 3, 2012

This New Year...

I remember looking forward to 2010 being done. Within the first three months of that year I had found myself being separated from my husband. Within the last three months of that year, I found out I was pregnant. Talk about going to opposite ends of the spectrum. That year was full of blessings and growth. It was one of the hardest years to get through. I was full of shame and embarrassment and being over-protective from us being separated to worrying about what people though over God giving us a child 2 months after we got back together.

2011 was wonderful! Full of healing and then giving birth to our wonderful little boy. It is amazing thinking about how January to May D-R-A-G-G-E-D on, and May to December flew by.

2012 is a year full of hope. My husband and I desire to be more disciplined this year... in every aspect of our life. I don't like making New Years resolutions because I know most of the resolutions fail within the first 3 weeks of the year.

However, I do desire, and have goals.
I desire to be more disciplined with exercising because I know it will not only be good for my health, it will help fight PPD.

I desire to be more disciplined with housework. I still have my days where it is an accomplishment to get out of bed, but I love having a clean house, so I hope to do even one thing a day.

I desire to spend more time in the Word. Life is always so much better and put into perspective once you spend time with God. The outlook on life is always better, and I know life is so much better the closer I am to God.

So, these are my desires.

What are your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment