Sunday, March 4, 2012

I Have Reason To Praise God

I have reason to praise God.


I always do.

If I have learned anything through this time where we are being stretched to the max, this is one thing I have learned.

Praise the Lord.

Praise Him in the storm.
Praise Him in the valley.
Praise Him on the mountaintop.
Praise Him when life is good.
Praise Him when all you want to do is fall prostate and curse the heavens.
Praise Him... Praise Him... Praise Him.

The verse that has been going through my head since I woke up today has been Job 1:21 "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.  The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."

The last song we sang in church today was "Blessed Be Your Name."

My husband has no leads on a job, and we just found out our car needs a new engine.  Both things have been very discouraging to us.  However, we are thankful our car got assessed for free.  I am thankful for friends and their connections!!

We have our health, and the sun was shining today.

We are learning to praise God for the little things.

Like overalls.  We  were given some baby clothes that were a little big a couple months ago.  There were 3 pair of overalls in those bags.  My son has worn overalls twice this week.  I love my little man in overalls.  Thank You God for giving us overalls!!

If we didn't have many big things taken from us, we wouldn't be able to find joy in the little things... the things that truly make up life.  The things we take for granted.

So, we are learning to have a heart of thankfulness.



No comments:

Post a Comment