Sunday, March 11, 2012

Little Bits Of Happines

Today was a low day.

Not even due to the fact that we are car-less, job-less and every other kind of less that there is.  It was due to the fact that at church, I allowed someone to make me feel inferior.  I don't want to gossip, nor do I want to talk poorly about this person.  She is someone I have never gotten along with, and now I feel like she is completely up in my grill.

Needless to say, I felt like crap.  I do not have a nice word to describe this girl when I talk to my husband about her.

I have wasted too much time today hurting over the way I am treated with this girl.

But that's how my low started.

God has encouraged me so much to look for the little happy's He gives us every day.  Let me tell you, every day, we get many little happy's.

Spring is here.  It was 10 degrees today.  There have been times on this date years past where the weather is still in the -30 to - 40 mark.  A couple months back, a friend gave me money to go do something for myself so I got myself a mocha with raspberry in it today.  Let me tell you... nothing (and I do mean NOTHING) is better than chocolate and raspberry together.  It is a burst of flavorful happiness in your mouth.  We also discovered the art of putting our baby in a laundry basket.  We put a blanket in, put him on top (so there is padding for him) then put stuffies and toys in, and he is amused for a good hour.  It brings us joy as we play with him in his basket.

So, there are many little happy's in every day.

God showed me this week that it is brush strokes that make up a picture.  That's why it is hard to see the big picture right now because we are on that canvas, and our lives are being brush-stroked right now.

My husband is going to a career fair tomorrow.  Please pray he gets an amazing job!

2 comments:

  1. I happen to know a lovely lady near you with a recipe for raspberry mocha coffee creamer... Don't be discouraged by the girl. Still praying :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually forgot about that... I will definitely be bugging her for that recipe ;)

      Delete