Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Reflection

It is amazing to see how different two years can make.  On this exact day, at this time two years ago, the day was very similar to this day.  The sun was shining, and I had lots of plans on getting things done.  By lunchtime this day two years ago, I found myself separated from my husband.

By lunchtime today, I'm hoping we'll be enjoying our soup or whatever is on the menu.

Two years have gone by, and I am so thankful.  Thankful for what we went through because it made us both better people.  Thankful for how God has blessed us with a renewed marriage.  Thankful for a physical symbol of His faithfulness by giving us a child.  Thankful our relationship with God has deepened.

I find myself more in love with my husband every day.  Daily, I am able to watch him grow more and more as he becomes more and more of a man of God, and thrives in his new role as a father. 

Our love and relationship has deepened.  Our relationship has been through the fire, and we have come out of it more refined than we once were.

We are more grown up than we once were.  We are less naive and more on guard.  I pray more for my husband.  We talk more.  We confess more.  We pray together more.

As we have been going through our most recent bumps in the road, we always bring ourselves back to what we have been through.  We know if we got through that, we can get through this because we have seen God move in incredible ways over and over in our life.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's amazing the difference two years can make. Those fires are tough in the moment, but looking back...yeah. :)

    ReplyDelete