Sunday, February 12, 2012

Faith Like A Child

As our life is taking interesting twists and turns and going from bad to worse (in some, NOT ALL areas) I have been amazed, challenged and learning oh so much from my little boy.

You see, this week, our country song has been completed. My husband lost his job. As we are in a place of discouragement, and we're completely drained of emotion, living off adrenaline and trying to smile in the midst of it all we are learning from our son.

Our beautiful son who even though is cutting 4 teeth at once still squeals and smiles in complete delight at life. Our beautiful son who is surrounded by chaos but is completely content and happy and secure. He is this way because he knows he has 2 parents who love him to pieces and who care for him.

Oh how I have learned much through this little boy. As my survival mode is wearing off and I am slowly facing reality I am trying to look at life through my son's eyes. He has nothing to worry about because he is able to trust that his needs are met. I worry because I struggle with trust... even though I am God's child, and He has ALWAYS taken care of our needs, we are once again faced with the unknown. It is much more easier to worry than it is to trust.

I think we can learn much from children who make it look so easy to trust and not worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment