Monday, February 13, 2012

See Me For Who I Am

I am me.

I struggle with my weight (being on antidepressants sure does not help that.), I am incredibly shy when you meet me, but if you are patient and slowly get to know me, you will see that I don't shut up. I love to read. I am a fickle crafter. That means I will do one craft for a while, then move on to another craft, then move on... etc. I haven't touched some of my craft supplies in over a year. I love to play piano.

I love to connect with people on a deeper level. That sometimes intimidates people. I don't care about the surface stuff... I care about YOU. What's YOUR story? What made you who you are today? What are you learning? How are you and God doing?

I love sunshine, music, nature, giraffe's, fuzzy socks, and anything that is pink and orange together.

I love my son. I love my husband more than my son. I love my God more than my husband or my son.

I am me.

I am a sinner. Saved by grace. (Make sure you re-read that with a southern accent...) Emphasis on the saved by grace.

So WHY IS MY FAMILY MARKED?????

There are very few ways to truly anger/ offend me. One of these ways is to insult my family. As word slowly spreads through our church (why is it that people thrive off bad news but call it a "prayer request") one person who knows us well came up to me without my husband around and asked if he was losing his job due to sexual addiction.

This hurt me deeply.

You see, we were separated TWO YEARS AGO!!! Not only that, but my husband has BEEN CLEAN for two years.

This makes me so angry.

I used to work with kids with special needs. This was a very fulfilling job for me. A friend of mine was working on her inclusion certificate during this time. She learned that as a teacher, you need to see the child first, not the disability.

Oh how we can parallel this to our lives as well. We should see the person first, not their sin.

We are far from perfect, but we strive for godliness. Sometimes we don't succeed, but that's where the saved by grace comes into play. The next moment, we can pick ourselves up off the ground, and try again.

So, see us for who we are. People who love God. People who love each other, who are crazy in love with their kid and who desire to further the Kingdom. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment