Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Why God/ Who God Mentality

When bad things happen, how often do we find ourselves asking the question "Why God???" I can think of many, many scenarios in my life, and the lives of friends and family where I have asked that question.

It is interesting how that simple question can change our attitudes. We start questioning our relationship with God, our purpose on this earth, etc. Bitterness can start growing in our heart pretty quickly when that simple question is asked.

Our purpose on this earth is not to have an easy life.

When the question simply changes from "Why God?" to "Who are You in this, God?" things start to get more clear. It might take a while to get an answer but trust me, it is worth the wait.

Our calling is very simple: Love God, and love others.

Without facing crap in our lives, there would be no compassion. How can we love others and show them Christ if we don't have compassion?

I've been through enough to see God's fingerprints on my life. Some things have been tough to get through, other things have been quite easy. These trials and blessings have made me who I am today.

Asking God who He is in situations reveal to me not only who He is, but what He desires me to be.

Stumbling and striding down this road, I am able to see snippets of who God is, and what He desires me to be. He wants me to learn lessons through the trials I face. He wants me to cling to Him an deepen my relationship with Him.

**It's funny... I originally wrote this post on January 28. I thought I had published it but realized today I didn't. I love when things are divinely appointed. Re-reading this post has challenged my thoughts for the events of the last weekish. My emotions have been on a roller coaster but when I ask who God is in this... He is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment