Friday, August 26, 2011

God Is Good...He Can Be Trusted

I want to thank my friend for the beautiful blog post she made. It challenged me.
Yesterday, I hit an all time low. As I was crying to my husband, he encouraged me to think positively because concentrating on the depression can also be detrimental. I agree. I do feel like I am drowning with no lifeline being thrown my way at times so I rejoice in the good times, and fight to get through the dark times. I have realized Postpartum Depression is real, and it is not something to be taken lightly, and antidepressants aren't magical happy pills, but they sure as heck help.
I never want to get caught up in a pity party because let's face it... the fact that I live in North America and am a Canadian citizen makes life pretty good. I struggle with the amount of junk that comes my way at times. Sometimes I feel like I can't catch a break. But this simple phrase that was on my friend's blog just struck me... "God is good....He can be trusted." This is a healing balm to my soul. He is good (even in the dark trenches of ppd) and He CAN be trusted (trust that He will get me through, trust that He knows what He is doing, trust that He will "not let my foot slip" (Psalm 121:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment