Thursday, August 18, 2011

Why Remain Anonymous?


I am a Christian.
To all fellow Christian's out there, this statement will be shrugged off. There will be the attitude of "sweet, another Christian" or "great another self-righteous poop face ready to talk about how perfect her life is." How about if I use this heading:
I am a struggling Christian whose life is incredibly messed up...
Does that grab your attention?
Ya, I thought so.
[Insert every Christian leaning forward toward their computer and start frantically searching for posts to see how screwed up this blogger's life is so they can either gossip about it, or judge so they can feel better about themselves...]
Through my life's events, I have become pretty jaded. I come from a dysfunctional family, I was abused as a kid, my marriage, although I love it, has been pretty screwed up at times and now that I have a kid... I have to figure out how to not repeat history.
So... getting back on topic, why remain anonymous you ask? Because I am a screwed up Christian from a dysfunctional abusive family who is stumbling along in life, fighting for a good marriage and to become a frickin awesome parent. I'm ready to share my story, I'm just not ready to share who I am quite yet. I've been labeled, judged and "marked" as "that person who [insert screwed-upness here]" and I know I need to stop caring about what people think, or who says what about me but let's face it, we all care. I feel like blogging will be a source for me to shed those shields that I have around me. I know from experience when I'm raw and open, it allows others to feel comfortable enough to be raw and open with me. Being hurt from fellow Christians (let's face it, we all have hurt one another at one time or another) has led me to clam up a bit. I guess, telling a bunch of people who don't fully know who I am at this time leads me to believe I will find healing in this journey and allow myself to open up again.
Why the name "Warrior Princess?" My middle name means "Warrior" and my first name means "Lily." What an oxymoron. A lily is delicate, and a warrior is a fighter. This is who I am. 6 years ago, right before I married my husband God called me His "Warrior Princess." I'm soft, sensitive, delicate and yet I fight for what is important to me. I fought to not be another "statistic" who came from a screwed up family who never amounted to anything. I fight to have a good attitude in life even though I can be pretty cynical at times. I fight to love, to live and to laugh. I will continue to fight but strive for that grace and poise, even in my emotions, and personality.
"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him." Nahum 1:7.
He is also a refuge when we're on those mountain tops... now that's something worth celebrating.
Bear with me as I fight through my cynicism, and join me in this awesome adventure called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment