Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Great Calling



I'm taking a break from the series, at least for a couple days. Reliving the past is painful. I know it brings healing but I also know with having postpartum depression, I have to take things slow emotionally and be careful.


There is a level of hesitation as I write. I am sharing some incredibly intimate details of my life. Before I started this series, I prayed about what to do with my blog. I felt strongly that I should share about my life and the things I have been through.

I go to a church where there are so many people who put on a mask. There are the generational families who have been there since the church started, and their children go, their children's children go to this church, and now that their children's children are having children... well, they go to this church as well. A few of these families are looked upon with such respect. The unfortunate thing is some of these families are almost worshipped. "If only we could be more like this family..." People think to themselves or "Look at this family, they have it all together."

REALLY???


Now, I'm not going to judge whether or not they have it all together, but from what I have experienced through talking with friends about life is NO ONE has it all together.

Why aren't we willing to display our lives more to people?

I have really found encouragement from people who have been able to display their brokenness, sin, triumphs and victories because it shows me that I am not alone in this journey. It shows me that God calls us as we are to be missionaries. That means in our brokenness, as we shovel our way out of sin, as we recover from addiction, self image issues, hurt, depression, anexity we are called AS WE ARE to serve Him.

So here I am, called as I am to serve the great I AM. Who is with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment