Thursday, September 15, 2011

Moving Forward

I struggle with my devotional life. It's not like I don't have time. I'm a stay at home Mom. At least, I keep on telling myself that. I have realized this job is a very hard, yet rewarding job but its no wonder I'm tired a lot of the time. This is the career I have always wanted. However, I find it funny thinking about how I perceived how this job would be once I did have kids. I thought I'd have a clean house, lots of time to myself, a great schedule, exercise daily and amazing time with God.

...And then I woke up!! This perception is definitely a dream. Reality hits where I haven't showered in 3 days because I honestly forget to. My house is a mess, I struggle with getting outside to get exercise even though I know I feel better when I do, when I have time to myself, I waste it being on the computer, and time with God... what is that? I pray a lot for friends and family, but sitting down and digging deep in the Word... I don't remember the last time I did that.

I'm thankful for God who, in the midst of any struggle we have will meet us where we're at with open arms. I take comfort in the fact that as flawed as I can be, God still loves me, and His grace meter never runs low.

Well, my little man is asleep, so I should probably make this time productive. I think I'll start with showering...

No comments:

Post a Comment